Getting into college is a complicated process, but it doesn’t need to be a painful one. We think there are three reasons to work with a college consultant, as opposed to doing it yourself.
1. College is huge investment: College consultants help you make smart investment decisions. There are over 4,000 colleges and universities in the United States. That's a lot schools to research, so you may be tempted to go with colleges you are familiar with. These schools may be local, or you may have gone there, but they may not be the best fit for your child, or even the most affordable for you. College consultants take you through a process that helps you find and evaluate the best schools for your child and your family. This goes a long way toward ensuring you and your child get the most out of your investment.
2. The application process is complex and needs to be managed. Applying to a college (or, if you’re the average student today, 8-12 colleges) is a major project. It requires time, effort and commitment. In fact, it requires a project manager, and that's the role we fill. College consultants will
- manage your child through the process
- make sure they meet deadlines
- review their work and recommend improvements
- intervene if the schedule starts to slip, and most importantly
- play the task master, so you don't have to.
3. We work for you. A college consultant's only interest is to find the right school for your child and help them succeed in the application and selection process. We research hundreds of colleges, so you don’t have to. And if we do our job right, we reduce your family’s stress around the entire college process. If your school has guidance or college counselors, your child will work with them too. That's ok: we're all here to help, but a college consultant works directly for you. And because we work for you, we consider your financial concerns about college throughout the process, which is something other resources do not.